Wham-O® toys form deep emotional connections with people over time. They're among the best-known outdoor brands, at a time when the backyard is the new vacation spot! You couldn’t be a kid and grow up without playing with Wham-O toys.
Wham-O is a lifestyle brand that has been synonymous with fun, play and active sports ever since Arthur “Spud” Mellin and Richard Knerr founded the company almost 75 years ago! Wham-O manufactures and markets some of the most highly recognizable consumer brands in the world today, including classics like Frisbee® discs, Slip ’N Slide® water slides, Hula Hoop® toy hoops, Hacky Sack®, Super Ball®, Trac-Ball®, and Boogie® Body Boards. Wham-O sports appeal to all ages! They're steeped in the cultural tradition of classic, well-made toys.
The Frisbee® and Hula Hoop® were inducted into the National Toy Industry Hall of Fame (1998, 1999). The Super Bowl name came from the Super Ball and is also on exhibit in the Strong Museum! Wham-O toys are sold in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Japan, Korea, and Australia. Watch a classic Wham-O Slip 'N Slide TV commercial!
* Robert Carrier invented Slip 'N Slide and called it Aquatic Play Equipment.
* 1961: Wham-O introduced Slip ‘N Slide.
* 9 million Slip 'N Slide sold by Wham-O 1961-1992.
* 1999: Slip ‘N Slide inducted into the National Hall of Fame.
* By 2018: Wham-O has over 30 water slides, some with inflatable features, pools, and water splashes, including Super Slip 'n Slide, Slip 'n Splash, White Water Rapids, Fast Track Racers, Wet Banana, Slip 'n Slide Splash Tunnel Pirate Ship.
* Other Wham-O water hose toys include Aqua Jet and Water Wiggle.
2021 - Slip ‘N Slide 60th birthday (1961 intro)
2026 - Slip ‘N Slide 65th birthday (1961 intro)
© 2021 Anjar Co. LLC & Becker Associates LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Frisbee®, Hula Hoop®, Super Ball®, Slip N’ Slide®, Hacky Sack®, Boogie Board®, and Trac-Ball® and logos are registered Trademarks of Wham-O®.
No items found.