Wham-O® toys form deep emotional connections with people over time. They're among the best-known outdoor brands, at a time when the backyard is the new vacation spot! You couldn’t be a kid and grow up without playing with Wham-O toys.
Wham-O is a lifestyle brand that has been synonymous with fun, play and active sports ever since Arthur “Spud” Mellin and Richard Knerr founded the company almost 75 years ago! Wham-O manufactures and markets some of the most highly recognizable consumer brands in the world today, including classics like Frisbee® discs, Slip ’N Slide® water slides, Hula Hoop® toy hoops, Hacky Sack®, Super Ball®, Trac-Ball®, and Boogie® Body Boards. Wham-O sports appeal to all ages! They're steeped in the cultural tradition of classic, well-made toys.
The Frisbee® and Hula Hoop® were inducted into the National Toy Industry Hall of Fame (1998, 1999). The Super Bowl name came from the Super Ball and is also on exhibit in the Strong Museum! Wham-O toys are sold in the USA, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Japan, Korea, and Australia. Watch a classic Wham-O Super Ball TV commercial!
* During the 1960s, more than 20 million Super Balls were sold by Wham-O.
* The Super Ball is on display in The Strong National Museum of Play
* Super Ball was created by a chemical engineer by accident from Zectron.
* 1965 - Zectron Super Balls were introduced by Wham-O. They could bounce back 93% of the distrance from which it was dropped.
* The NFL named the Super Bowl games after Super Ball!
* Once dropped out of a 23rd floor hotel window in Australia, the Super Ball shot back up 15 floors
* By 2018 - Wham-O expanded the line to include new colors and sizes.
2025 - Super Ball 60th birthday (1965 intro)
© 2021 Anjar Co. LLC & Becker Associates LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Frisbee®, Hula Hoop®, Super Ball®, Slip N’ Slide®, Hacky Sack®, Boogie Board®, and Trac-Ball® and logos are registered Trademarks of Wham-O®.
No items found.